It is often asked – Where should I go for maintenance? Should I go to the dealership for repairs or scheduled maintenance? If you are still undecided, read on the Pros and Cons of going to the dealer for your car service.
- Warranty is not voided. Because work is done by the dealer, there is no chance to void the warranty and free services may be offered too such as oil change, tire rotations, alignment, etc
- Technicians who work on your vehicle are manufacturer-trained per model and variant.
- Dealerships have top-of-the-line equipment
- Less personal experience/relationship. Dealership offers service to thousands of customers every year and you are considered as one of their numbers.
- Pricier parts and service if you compare the cost of dealership vs. an independent mechanic
You may also consider the following should you not want to go to the dealership: independent mechanic, chain repair shops, or DIY.